Sunday, March 6, 2011

Some days you gotta dance

In case you didn't know, I'm a planner. I plan EVERYTHING. I get assignments done super early, I am not big on procrastination because it causes to stress and get really grumpy, and I just really like to know what is going to happen in life. It's not a patience issue, I mean I know that I can become impatient about some things, but hey, don't we all? I think what is all boils down to is my fear of the unknown or something like that.

Anyways, as a current goal for myself, I am trying to not be so structured, to live a little, and just go with the flow of spontaneity. It's not easy let me tell you that. I have been at this for about a week now and I suck at this. I have some strange addiction to needing to know what is going to happen so that I can plan my day accordingly. Mostly because I have so much frickin crap to do, 20 credit hours, work hours, and on top of all that I am now teaching in the schools and needing to write lesson plans and such (don't get me wrong, I LOVE teaching and writing lessons and figuring out what the students need to know and fun ways to help them learn, but its a whole heck of a lot of work).

Back to the goal, I guess I am going to try this whole idea of letting loose again. I don't know when this happened, I see myself as a pretty chill person, but lately I just can't seem to relax and do nothing. I've just gotta learn to loosen up and dance.

"Some days you gotta dance
Live it up when you get the chance
'Cause when the world doesn't make no sense
And you're feeling just a little too tense
Gotta loosen up those chains and dance"
~"some days you gotta dance" the dixie chicks

(I do not agree with everything that The Dixie Chicks have done, but I have to agree with what this song is saying)

So here's to the next week in hopes that I can loosen up, stay chill, practice patience, ignore the little things that cause frustration, and just live life without stress and worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment